Eclectic, Al 36024
Located minutes from beautiful Lake Martin in Elmore County, Alabama
This position offers competitive pay based on experience, great benefits after you go direct, and an opportunity to avoid Montgomery traffic. Weekly pay every Friday. PayDay debit card provided.
***Candidates will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen and background check
This position operates welding & industrial equipment in a safe manner and reports hazards associated with the equipment or its operation.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to safely operate, set up, and adjusts MIG welding equipment and operate simple hand and power tools.
- Ability to weld vertical or flat welds with acceptable quality consistently.
- Ability to weld the following and any combinations of the following: Wire 24 gage to 50 & Metal plate to 24 gauge.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, climb, squat, and weld in awkward positions for prolonged periods.
- Must have manual dexterity and strong hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to work levers, buttons, and/or foot pedals.
- Ability to use simple gauges and other instruments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, supervisors, and managers.
- Able to understand and execute instructions/directions.
- Must be available to work weekends and/or overtime.
- Ability to work and concentrate in a noisy environment.
- Ability to wear protective equipment such as earplugs, safety glasses, gloves, welding helmets, boots, respirators, etc.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment as well as within a team.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to observe and learn from experienced welders.
Education & Experience
- Must pass weld test; welding certification a plus.
- Working knowledge of welding process and equipment. Can have formal MIG welding training through a community college/technical school or hands on experience in a production setting.
- Requires knowledge equivalent to 1 to 2 years high school.
- High school diploma/ GED preferred or 1 year factory/ manufacturing related experience.
- Computer skills are a plus.
- Good math skills including fractions and angles required.
- Ability to read and use a tape measure, protractors, and interpret blueprints or simple drawings required.
- Ability to read and write a must.
- Manufacturing plant environment with extreme fluctuation in temperature.
- Working with equipment that produces high heat and flames.
- Dusty and noisy environment.
- Exposure to odors and fumes.
After 90 days:
- Group Health Insurance
- Company Paid Group Term Life
- Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Critical Care
- 401k (Contributions can be from 1% to 50% of salary. Company match of up to 4% quarterly based on safe harbor election)
- Vacation time
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Safety and Attendance incentives
- Employee Appreciation Days