Permanent Hire Production Supervisor 6 pm - 6 am
Eclectic, AL 36024
This position will supervise up to 50 people in Eclectic, Alabama
- Achieves results by establishing priorities, communicating expectations, production planning, monitoring employee utilization, and appraising job results, coaching, counseling, disciplining employees, coordinating, enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains quality of staff by hiring, training, developing, and mentoring employees to ensure maximum performance.
- Provides creative leadership and direction to employees to improve operating efficiencies, equipment performance, and ensure safety, quality, and productivity.
- Managers work flow by monitoring steps of the process, setting process variables, observing control points and equipment, monitoring personnel, developing reporting procedures, and systems.
- Maintain existing production standards and make adjustments as necessary to produce products within specifications.
- Recommend and implement action plans to correct deviations noted during daily work, internal and/or external audits.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements to evaluate estimates and outputs.
- Timely complete and report administration duties which include time and attendance system, holiday/vacation planning, production reports, back order reviews, past due list, and safety violations/concerns.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working Knowledge of lean process preferred.
- English required, bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal & written).
- Organized, strong time management skills, deadline, and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team.
- Positive attitude and action oriented.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma/GED required.
- BS or Associates degree in manufacturing operations management preferred.
- 2 years of experience in assembly manufacturing leadership role preferred.
- Prior use of an MRP system, preferably SAP.
- Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Manufacturing plant environment with extreme fluctuation in temperature.
- Dusty and noisy environment.
- Exposure to odors and fumes.