Rogersville, AL 35652
This position will be 7pm-7am or 7am-7pm. Candidate must be able to train on day shift for a few weeks until skills are acquired. Pay will start at 12.00/hr.
- Overseeing the fiber extrusion process
- Ensures efficiency and performance are met or exceeded
- Ensuring the process is cost effective
- Reviewing and verifying that all production paperwork is completed on a regular basis and that it s turned in on time; keeping the paperwork up-to-date and training any new employees the proper use of documents
- Ensure implementation of all safety procedures and follow all safety rules and requirements
- Monitoring the extrusion processes and changing dies and filters as they are needed
- Monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control
- Ensure the proper materials are used and all hoppers and oven stay full of material as needed
- Must work well with different departments. E.G. Maintenance, Shipping and Receiving, Human Resources
- Working with Leads and management associates to implement the company' s policies and goals
- Track the downtime in the extrusion process and work toward improving it
- Other duties assigned by management
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs
- Ability to stoop, bend, ascend/descend stairs/ladders, and stand/walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to work in a high noise manufacturing environment while exposed to high temperatures in the Extrusion Department.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must work well with others as part of a team.
- Mechanical background not a requirement is a plus
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 1-2 years experience in production at same or equal position is a plus
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems, meet deadlines, and stay safe.
- Experience coordinating work assignments to best meet production needs.
- Computer skills a plus.